Skip to main content

I'm baaaaaack!!


Wow! A ten year hiatus from writing on my diary blog! That must be some kind of record. 

I have looked at the few entries I made from back when my G was a baby...and now she's almost 11! It is so true the saying, 'the days are long but the years are short'. So precise!

Since I have been gone for ten years, I have also had another beautiful baby girl, who is six! Little S is a sassy, sweet and overly affectionate child. She's the girl that loves mermaids, unicorns, princesses and anything sparkly. After only knowing G as the sporty and low maintenance kid, S has been new territory. They are both such a blessing to me in my life, and I love them with all my heart. 

So, I have since had a change of heart myself! What with it being 2020 (that number alone should inspire reasons as to why I have decided to start up my blog again, considering how CRAZY this year is!), I wanted to use this blog as more of a reach out to the world with my thoughts. I am known on my other social media pages as the one who posts inspirational quotes from church leaders from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (of whom I am a member). I want to use this platform to extend my thoughts beyond just a quote, and more of a narration of how those quotes and other inspirational things, have brought peace and comfort to my life when the world seems to have lost its bearings. 

Anyway, this post is all kinds of crazy, as it's the first one in a long time, so I will just keep it simple by saying, "I've returned, and I look forward to sharing thoughts with you."

Before I sign off, here is a thought for today:

I was reading a talk from Ezra Taft Benson (it's called Beware of Pride), who was a prophet back in the late eighties. He was known for his powerful testament of The Book of Mormon, which is another testament of Jesus Christ. It is my FAVORITE book by far! It is scripture that testifies of Jesus as our Savior and Redeemer, but the book tells of accounts of people that were brought (by God) to the Americas both before the birth of Christ, and throughout his mortal ministry. I encourage you to read it! It's amazing and was truly written for our time.

But anyway, back to what I wanted to share about Ezra Taft Benson. He gave a talk once about Pride, which I have recently reread. He shares that we need to understand what pride really means. It's not self-centeredness, conceit and arrogance, etc., but rather, 'enmity' toward God!

What does enmity mean? It means that we put our will against God's will. The proud wish God would agree with them. They aren't interested in changing their opinions to agree with God's. Pride pits us against everyone else. We think we know everything, or at least enough, and don't need to know more. We put ourselves on a pedestal. So, in today's terms, we make ourselves to be a big deal, thus overshadowing others, and ignoring God in our lives. 

Why does this subject resonate with me and cause me to write on a blog that I haven't written on in ten years? Because this world today is FILLED with pride! There is a saying that I once heard that goes, 'If envy were a fever, then all the world would be ill.' I see that to be true also with pride. 

When I was pregnant with my little S, we were going through some pretty tough times. I am a control freak, and I drove myself crazy trying to figure out what I could have been doing to make my life better. I kept on trying to tell God what it was that I wanted, and 'the heavens were silent'. I felt no direction, no comfort, no peace. I then had the sudden realization that I was edging God out of my life because of my pride! I thought I knew better about myself and my situation than the very being that CREATED me! 

Once I came to that realization (and it took me an embarrassingly long time to realize this, by the way), I finally prayed and asked God to 'take the wheel' of my life, and I promised that I would let Him do so, forever. Then, the miracles began. Because God can do so much more with my life than I can, He started to make changes in me, and in our situation, that over the course of a few years, took us on a remarkable physical and spiritual journey, that I would have never assumed would happen. 

Get rid of pride in your heart! Get rid of it in your life! God does so much more for you than you can ever do for yourself. The biggest lie is that we can do things without Him, and we just can't (and really shouldn't!)

Give Him your will. It's the only thing you can give Him, anyway. Let Him take your life and do some pretty amazingly awesome things with it. He loves you, and WANTS what's best for you!

That's my thought for today! See you soon (sooner than a decade from now, I promise!)

P.S. Another great talk to read is called 'Desire' by Dallin H Oaks. He talks about overcoming worldly desires in order to align yourself more with God. It's a great read!

Comments

  1. It´s good to see you again here! Thank you for sharing this value and inspiring thoughts! Love you sister in law! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

33 Weeks down... How many more to go?

Well this past week has flown by, at least with the growth and development of our baby girl. Other than weighing a bit more than what she should be at this point (thanks to the gestational diabetes), she’s been fairly cooperative with the doctors. Other than making antenatal nurses madly chase her around my belly with fetal monitors to just check and see if she’s active, she is passing her tests with flying colors. I have been very impressed with the medical care that I’ve received over these past few weeks. These doctors and nurses don’t mess around; they get me the help that I need before I even know that I am in need of something. I have a few assignments; fax in my blood sugars every three days and start a bout of insulin shots, which is, ironically, a blessing. The best thing about all of the blood sugar hoopla is that it’s not my fault! I have been doing my job, but apparently the placenta is not making me look good. At least doctors are blaming something other than me! Rob a

Seven Months and counting

Rob and I have had many adventures being married for over seven years; we have traveled the world, seen and done many fun and exciting things. However, nothing has added up to the excitement that we feel waiting for the birth of our beautiful princess, our baby girl. Rob and I have started to prepare ourselves for the pains that come with the blessing of having a baby, and also the lack of sleep (which is my most favorite thing in the whole world to do :( We painted her bedroom purple (if you know me well, you wouldn't be too surprised about the color choice), and my darling artistic husband drew a castle on one wall (freehand, thank you very much). It's a good thing one of us knows how to draw... Anyway, this blog is to document, from here on out, our newest adventure. In addition, I literally have family all over the globe that is curious and excited about our new addition (especially my parents and in-laws as we waited FOREVER to procreate, according them them:). We are coun

New teeth, and new taste!

Giada has finally got a full little chicklet smile on the front of her mouth! She cut the two top front teeth just a couple of days ago. However, I believe that there are more coming in, because other than being her cute and happy self, she's been a little extra fussy (and drool-y). Her favorite thing to do? Try to bite Mom and Dad's noses and cheeks! She thinks it's hilarious when we pull away in pain. And don't even get me started on the cat. The poor thing gets tufts of fur yanked out every day. It's also a good thing that her tail is so firmly attached. How do we know that for sure? Gia's tried to pull it off, almost every day. Poor cat. But, before you go feeling too sorry for her, just remember that the cat holds her own. She's pawed and pounced on Gia a number of times to let her know whose still the boss at the house (or at least that's what she believes. That's okay...a delusional cat is a happy cat). On another note, Giada's palate f