Skip to main content

Week 32: Eight Months Already!

Maybe it seems normal to think that I am this far along already, but I am in total denial. It’s so crazy telling people that I’m eight months pregnant! It seems so surreal! I am totally to the point of exhaustion now. I wasn’t entirely energetic until this point anyway, but I am definitely not doing much extra lately. My days literally consist of working, coming home, sitting on my comfortable recliner, and dozing off until Rob gets home and wants to eat something. The best weekends are like this past one, where we literally stayed home nearly all day long both on Saturday and Sunday (other than Church and grocery shopping). It was great!


The nursery is near completion; we still have to hang some curtains, and get some bedding for the crib. Also, we have to seriously clean out the closet and shelving to actually create some storage space for the baby’s things. She needs to put her 8 pairs of shoes (so far) somewhere, doesn’t she?

I have a question to put out there for my blog followers! I have been keeping my ears open towards ideas of what things parents do with their kids. You know, like special traditions? I have heard some pretty cute things; special date nights with each kid, birthday sugar cereal, going on certain trips to certain destinations at certain ages, etc. I have loved collecting these ideas and hope to use many of them on my own. So, with that explanation in place, what kinds of fun and ‘traditional’ things did you do with your parents while growing up? Or, what have you loved to do with your kids now that you are a parent? I would love to hear the great ideas that you have.

Once again, thanks for tuning in this week! We have some fun things coming up; General Conference, where I can literally sit on my couch and watch Church while in my PJ’s, another baby shower with the ladies from my ward, and the cooler weather (which I am welcoming with open arms at this point)!

Have a wonderful week and be happy! You deserve it!

Comments

  1. L.O.V.E. the shoes!! to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to have found your blog! I am drooling over the shoes, the bow holder and the princess room (oh and the baby shower food). too fun! you're so close to the end, it's so exciting. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fav traditions with my mom were baking cookies for every holiday and in high school while my mom made dinner I sat on the island and told her all about my day:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fave traditions were getting mommy daughter date nights where we'd go and do something girly. But that was after I had 8700 little brothers. So maybe do that if #2 is a boy huh?

    Another thing I loved was called "scriptures and snuggles". My mom would gather all us kids up on her lap/on the couch and read us the scripture stories from the illustrated children books. It gave us a good early understanding and appreciation and we all counted on that special time.

    Love all your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite tradition still to this day is family pillow talk. We all jumped on mom and dads bed in the morning and told stories of our week and just laughed and had fun.

    My neighbor had one "Happy Birthday" plate that was only used for birthdays. The birthday child/parent chose the meal eaten at dinner that day and got to use the birthday plate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lindinhossssss os sapatinhos da minha netinha
    contar historias para as cças é uma otima tradiçao elas adoram.
    bjosss
    vovó magali

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

33 Weeks down... How many more to go?

Well this past week has flown by, at least with the growth and development of our baby girl. Other than weighing a bit more than what she should be at this point (thanks to the gestational diabetes), she’s been fairly cooperative with the doctors. Other than making antenatal nurses madly chase her around my belly with fetal monitors to just check and see if she’s active, she is passing her tests with flying colors. I have been very impressed with the medical care that I’ve received over these past few weeks. These doctors and nurses don’t mess around; they get me the help that I need before I even know that I am in need of something. I have a few assignments; fax in my blood sugars every three days and start a bout of insulin shots, which is, ironically, a blessing. The best thing about all of the blood sugar hoopla is that it’s not my fault! I have been doing my job, but apparently the placenta is not making me look good. At least doctors are blaming something other than me! Rob a

New teeth, and new taste!

Giada has finally got a full little chicklet smile on the front of her mouth! She cut the two top front teeth just a couple of days ago. However, I believe that there are more coming in, because other than being her cute and happy self, she's been a little extra fussy (and drool-y). Her favorite thing to do? Try to bite Mom and Dad's noses and cheeks! She thinks it's hilarious when we pull away in pain. And don't even get me started on the cat. The poor thing gets tufts of fur yanked out every day. It's also a good thing that her tail is so firmly attached. How do we know that for sure? Gia's tried to pull it off, almost every day. Poor cat. But, before you go feeling too sorry for her, just remember that the cat holds her own. She's pawed and pounced on Gia a number of times to let her know whose still the boss at the house (or at least that's what she believes. That's okay...a delusional cat is a happy cat). On another note, Giada's palate f