Skip to main content

New teeth, and new taste!


Giada has finally got a full little chicklet smile on the front of her mouth! She cut the two top front teeth just a couple of days ago. However, I believe that there are more coming in, because other than being her cute and happy self, she's been a little extra fussy (and drool-y). Her favorite thing to do? Try to bite Mom and Dad's noses and cheeks! She thinks it's hilarious when we pull away in pain. And don't even get me started on the cat. The poor thing gets tufts of fur yanked out every day. It's also a good thing that her tail is so firmly attached. How do we know that for sure? Gia's tried to pull it off, almost every day. Poor cat. But, before you go feeling too sorry for her, just remember that the cat holds her own. She's pawed and pounced on Gia a number of times to let her know whose still the boss at the house (or at least that's what she believes. That's okay...a delusional cat is a happy cat).

On another note, Giada's palate for food has been expanding. She has tried a number of different foods lately, and seems to like all of them. Her favorites? Meat; ranging from chicken, ground turkey, pork and hamburger. Her next favorite? Cheese. Just like her daddy, she can make cheese 'disappear' faster than mom can cut it up and put it on her tray. Favorite fruit? It's a very close tie between raspberries, blackberries and mandarin oranges. The girl can nearly eat an entire 8 oz. can of the oranges for breakfast. It's insanity. And since she's MY daughter, she must try different ranges of food ethnicity. She has tried tamales, which she liked a lot (though she could have just eaten the meat filling and been happy), and she really really loves italian food. Pizza and pasta are a part of the girl's DNA. Don't believe me? See the picture above. That's tomato sauce, baby! I have included pictures of ravioli, and of berries. Notice the vibrant colors on her face! No wonder Native Americans used berry juice as dye for cloth. It definitely dyes everything you touch...Gia had blue fingers for a couple of hours after eating, even though she was bathed right after breakfast. And the ravioli? Orange eyebrows. She looked rather Oompa Loompa-ish...

Lastly, on Friday, when Gia and I were leaving the house to go and visit our good friends Mandy and Bella, one of the Property Management guys from our condo said, 'Oh, what a cute baby boy!" Now, first of all, though Gia's my baby, and I know that I'm biased, I shouldn't have been offended that the guy got my baby's gender wrong. BUT, Gia does NOT look like a baby boy. She was, however, wearing a blue striped shirt (with flared sleeves, like a boy would wear that, but whatev). So, when I told my friend Mandy what had happened, she gave Gia a baby hair clip, so there wouldn't be any confusion anymore as to her gender. Gia only has a light chunk of hair on top of her head, but this clip fit nicely. At least she looks like a cute baby GIRL in a cute blue shirt!

Comments

  1. Scotty tries to ride our dog! The dog has been VERY tolerant of him so far...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dress Tristan in boyest clothes and people will still tell I have a cute girl. Oh and many people tell me that Tristan is a girls name not a boys name and that's why they got confused. REALLY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gia is adorable! Hopefully you can get some pics of her little chicklet smile. I'd love to see it!

    P.S. Love the clip in her hair! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute..I can't believe how big she is...have I really been gone that long!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am totally going to blog stalk you, I found you off of Brei's blog and I couldn't resist.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

33 Weeks down... How many more to go?

Well this past week has flown by, at least with the growth and development of our baby girl. Other than weighing a bit more than what she should be at this point (thanks to the gestational diabetes), she’s been fairly cooperative with the doctors. Other than making antenatal nurses madly chase her around my belly with fetal monitors to just check and see if she’s active, she is passing her tests with flying colors. I have been very impressed with the medical care that I’ve received over these past few weeks. These doctors and nurses don’t mess around; they get me the help that I need before I even know that I am in need of something. I have a few assignments; fax in my blood sugars every three days and start a bout of insulin shots, which is, ironically, a blessing. The best thing about all of the blood sugar hoopla is that it’s not my fault! I have been doing my job, but apparently the placenta is not making me look good. At least doctors are blaming something other than me! Rob a

Week 32: Eight Months Already!

Maybe it seems normal to think that I am this far along already, but I am in total denial. It’s so crazy telling people that I’m eight months pregnant! It seems so surreal! I am totally to the point of exhaustion now. I wasn’t entirely energetic until this point anyway, but I am definitely not doing much extra lately. My days literally consist of working, coming home, sitting on my comfortable recliner, and dozing off until Rob gets home and wants to eat something. The best weekends are like this past one, where we literally stayed home nearly all day long both on Saturday and Sunday (other than Church and grocery shopping). It was great! The nursery is near completion; we still have to hang some curtains, and get some bedding for the crib. Also, we have to seriously clean out the closet and shelving to actually create some storage space for the baby’s things. She needs to put her 8 pairs of shoes (so far) somewhere, doesn’t she? I have a question to put out there for my blog foll