Skip to main content

DISNEYLAND!!

Hello everyone!

I haven't been posting entries for a  few days due to crazy times with the family being in town. If you know my peeps, then you would understand the total chaos and insanity that ensues when all of my family gets together. And you thought you couldn't get a word in edgewise with just me! :)
Well, here's a little mini update: Giada and I are going to visit our dear Aunt Colleen on Friday, and while we are there, we are going to Disneyland! Grandma and Auntie Erin are going as well! Rob unfortunately, has to work, but I am grateful for such a loving and hard-working husband, who is dedicated to taking care of 'his' girls. I am excited to see Giada's reaction to Disneyland, though if it's like the zoo, she will notice the fence, grass, and the interior of her stroller more than a gigantic giraffe that stood directly over her. Oh well, the fun is more for her Mommy anyway, since I haven't been to Disneyland in nearly a decade. It should be a fun trip.

On the Mother's side note, let me tell you about how it goes with packing for a baby. SO, my daughter is not even 20 pounds, and I have a list literally a mile long full of items that she will need for a weekend away from Utah. What am I bringing? Clothing, toothbrush, some makeup, PJ's, underwear, etc. How much space do you think that I will get in my suitcase for my stuff? For a medium sized roller bag; probably the outer pocket. I have to bring food, clothing, diapers, portable bed thing, etc., for Giada. Not to mention the baby carseat, and her stroller. I also have to entertain her while she sits on my lap for almost two hours. I hope I don't get a mean passenger sitting next to me! But other than these things, I look forward to more adventures with my baby girl. Of course, the most exciting thing for me: having my daughter meet my Aunt, who is a remarkable woman, as her husband is dying of cancer, and she doesn't have any children, grandchildren, etc. This trip is primarily meant as a bit of sunshine for her during this dark time. My baby is like her grandbaby as well, and I am excited for the two girls to finally meet.

To end my entry, I would just like to add to the void out there, that no matter what happens, I am getting me a churro at Disneyland. I have craved one of those bad boys for 10 years (especially when I was pregnant-and no, the Costco churros DO NOT taste the same)! I am looking forward to its doughy, sweet deliciousness!

Comments

  1. It was great to see you guys last weekend! We had a really good time. Say hi to Colleen from me! I'm so with you about Costco churros--they're not that great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are writing in your blog now, and that you added pictures! Giada is adorable! Have fun in Cali! Can't wait to see more pics!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

33 Weeks down... How many more to go?

Well this past week has flown by, at least with the growth and development of our baby girl. Other than weighing a bit more than what she should be at this point (thanks to the gestational diabetes), she’s been fairly cooperative with the doctors. Other than making antenatal nurses madly chase her around my belly with fetal monitors to just check and see if she’s active, she is passing her tests with flying colors. I have been very impressed with the medical care that I’ve received over these past few weeks. These doctors and nurses don’t mess around; they get me the help that I need before I even know that I am in need of something. I have a few assignments; fax in my blood sugars every three days and start a bout of insulin shots, which is, ironically, a blessing. The best thing about all of the blood sugar hoopla is that it’s not my fault! I have been doing my job, but apparently the placenta is not making me look good. At least doctors are blaming something other than me! Rob a

Seven Months and counting

Rob and I have had many adventures being married for over seven years; we have traveled the world, seen and done many fun and exciting things. However, nothing has added up to the excitement that we feel waiting for the birth of our beautiful princess, our baby girl. Rob and I have started to prepare ourselves for the pains that come with the blessing of having a baby, and also the lack of sleep (which is my most favorite thing in the whole world to do :( We painted her bedroom purple (if you know me well, you wouldn't be too surprised about the color choice), and my darling artistic husband drew a castle on one wall (freehand, thank you very much). It's a good thing one of us knows how to draw... Anyway, this blog is to document, from here on out, our newest adventure. In addition, I literally have family all over the globe that is curious and excited about our new addition (especially my parents and in-laws as we waited FOREVER to procreate, according them them:). We are coun

New teeth, and new taste!

Giada has finally got a full little chicklet smile on the front of her mouth! She cut the two top front teeth just a couple of days ago. However, I believe that there are more coming in, because other than being her cute and happy self, she's been a little extra fussy (and drool-y). Her favorite thing to do? Try to bite Mom and Dad's noses and cheeks! She thinks it's hilarious when we pull away in pain. And don't even get me started on the cat. The poor thing gets tufts of fur yanked out every day. It's also a good thing that her tail is so firmly attached. How do we know that for sure? Gia's tried to pull it off, almost every day. Poor cat. But, before you go feeling too sorry for her, just remember that the cat holds her own. She's pawed and pounced on Gia a number of times to let her know whose still the boss at the house (or at least that's what she believes. That's okay...a delusional cat is a happy cat). On another note, Giada's palate f